Equality and Diversity - A Managers Role and Responsibilities
- Equality & Diversity, Leadership & Management
- Location / Campus, Work-Based
- Daytime / Working Hours, Flexible
This two-day programme enables participants to develop an understanding of equality and diversity, explain what issues that can arrive in a diverse society whilst examining their own values, attitudes and behaviours towards diversity issues.
Minimum participants, 10, maximum 15
To get the maximum benefit from the programme all attendees will be required to complete some pre-course work and an assessment. This will give learners a greater understanding of equality and diversity in society in the context of the main workshop theme. Successful completion of the assessment and workshop will give learners the NCFE Level 2 Award in Equality and Diversity.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- Learners will be able to explain the moral and business case for encouraging or welcoming diversity
- Know how their business manages, monitors and encourages diversity in their place of work
- Learners will gain knowledge to able to describe the key rights protected by legislation and explore the different types of diversity models and how they can be implemented into the workplace
- Participants will be introduced to the term “Unconscious Bias” and how this can impact negatively in the workplace and how to handle and manage their own unconscious bias to ensure positive and effective working relationships.
- Through highly interactive sessions participants will understands how the changing world around us affects individuals and will support the development of a range of skills to support and handle difficult situations and conversations.
- Level 2 Award in Equality and Diversity.
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.