Level 2 Certificate in Equality and Diversity
- Equality & Diversity
- Location / Campus, Work-Based
- Daytime / Working Hours, Flexible
This three day programme enables participants to develop a detailed understanding of equality and diversity in society, in the community and in the workplace.
Day one they will develop an understanding of the effects of stereotyping, labelling, prejudice and discrimination and will start to understand the different characteristics that make us who we are.
Day two will support participants to consider the extent and the value of diversity within a chosen community. They will develop an understanding of the potential inequalities which can occur within a community and the support services and groups which exist to ensure equality and diversity is maintained.
Finally, on day three knowledge gained from the first two sessions will be reviewed and contextualized to the workplace. This will include how equality and diversity is monitored in the workplace and how the rights of individuals are protected.
Minimum participants, 10, maximum 15
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- Examine the extent of diversity in a community
- Examine the value of creating and maintaining a diverse environment
- Explain the potentially inequality which can occur
- Outline the support services and groups which ensure equality and diversity are maintained
- Define what E&D means to organisations in relation to various issues
- Explain the benefits of E&D to organisations
- Examine the policies and procedures in place to support organisations in meeting E&D and their importance
- Identify and explain the consequences for not having an equal and diverse organisational culture
- Recognise and evaluate the legislation in place to support E&D in the workplace
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.