Fitness Instructing Gym and Self Development
- Hospitality / Catering / Leisure, Personal Development
- Location / Campus, Face-to-Face (non-campus), Online with Attendance
- Daytime / Working Hours, Day / Block Release, Flexible
A great starter course for regular gym users who want to have a new career working in the fitness industry. Also for those who wish to gain a formal qualification and are already involved in motivating and helping people make changes to their lifestyle in a gym environment.
- Online: Complete all theory modules online and attend 1 Training Day and 1 Assessment Day throughout your study, at one of our facilities in the North East
- Intensive: A mix of theory and practical workshops within a condensed time-frame: Monday-Friday for 2 weeks, including 1 Assessment Day throughout your study.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- Identify muscles and bones of the body
- Workings of the cardiovascular system
- Components of fitness
- Muscles, muscle action and energy systems
- Planning a Gym session
- Health and Safety
- Customer care
- Exercise technique for free, fixed and CV machines
- Promoting physical activity
- Over 16 years of age with experience of using a Gym
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.