Studio Cycling Instructor
- Hospitality / Catering / Leisure, Personal Development
- Location / Campus
- Daytime / Working Hours, Day / Block Release, Weekend
An add-on course for anyone who has already completed another discipline at Level 2 (e.g. Gym ).
Please note this course does NOT include the Anatomy & Physiology For Exercise Theory and a copy of your certificate must be included in your final assessment portfolio.
Study Format – Attend 1 Training Day and 1 Assessment Day at one of our training facilities in the North East.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- How to design and teach a safe and effective group indoor cycling session
- The principles of warm-up, the aerobic curve and energy systems use during main session and cool down
- The ‘journey’ using a variety of profiles
- The use of and working to music
- Motivating participants
- A variety of teaching skills
- Cycle set-up and safe cycling technique
- Health and safety issues
- 18 years old
- Level 2 Gym Certificate or equivalent in another discipline
- A good level of fitness
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.