Introduction to Leadership and Management
- Leadership & Management, Personal Development
- Location / Campus
- Daytime / Working Hours
This one day workshop is designed to give new and aspiring junior managers an introduction into the skills and understanding needed to deal with management responsibilities with confidence.
This session focuses on the role, functions and processes of management. It provides an introduction into knowledge and understanding of methods used to provide direction to a team and how performance measurement works in a business situation.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
Students will learn:
- Basics of management theory
- The difference between leadership and management
- Leadership styles and the need for different styles in different situations
- Performance monitoring techniques
No formal entry requirements. However, all students will complete a short initial assessment for literacy and numeracy. Students must also provide eligibility evidence to meet European Social Funding regulations, including:
- Employment status
- National Insurance number
You must be employed to be eligible for this course.