Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
- Health & Social Care
- Work-Based, Mixed Mode, Distance with Attendance
- 12 weeks - flexible attendance
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism - covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
This qualification is designed for learners who wish to develop an understanding of autism and how to support individuals with autism. It’s useful for learners who provide direct support and those working in sectors such as:
- Social care
- Education and training
This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16 and above and covers:
- Introduction to autism
- Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
- Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
- Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
- Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
- Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.