NVQ Level 2 Certificate for Proficiency in Food Manufacturing Excellence
- Hospitality / Catering / Leisure, Manufacturing
- Location / Campus, Work-Based, Mixed Mode
- Daytime / Working Hours
- Up to 12 months, including 4 days release time for training if required
This qualification covers the skills necessary to perform a variety of food manufacturing, quality control and evaluation tests in the food manufacturing process. The learner will be assessed in the workplace and on successful completion the learner will be equipped to undertake a variety of quality improvement roles within the food manufacturing industry. These qualifications are for anyone starting out in, or progressing in, a career in food manufacturing. You could be working in a wide range of industries, from baking to brewing and confectionery to retail.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
A typical programme of units may include:
- Work Effectively with Others in Food Operations
- Maintain Product Quality in Food Operations
- Maintain Workplace Food Safety Standards in Operations
- Organise and Improve Work Activities for Achieving Excellence in Food
- Understand how to Reduce and Manage Conflict in Achieving Excellence in Food Operations
Practical activities may include:
- Conducting a risk assessment in the workplace
- Conducting a Workplace Organisation (5s) activity within the workplace. (including pre audit – improvement activity in the workplace – post audit)
- Problem solving (including Cause and Effect and 5 Whys)
No formal entry requirements. However, all students will complete a short initial assessment on literacy & numeracy. Students must also provide eligibility evidence to meet European Social Funding regulations, including:
- Employment status
- National Insurance number
Additionally, to be eligible for this course you must:
Live in OR work in OR be seeking to grow your business within the Northumberland, Tyne and Wear or County Durham areas.
You must be employed to be eligible for this course.