Award in Education and Training
- Personal Development, Teaching / Assessment
- Location / Campus
- 18 weeks
The Level 3 Award in Education and Training is an introduction to teaching that will give an insight into the roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training, how to plan and deliver inclusive teaching and learning approaches and how to assess and give constructive feedback in the training and learning process.
This course is designed for individuals who:
Are not currently teaching or training – achievement of the qualification does not require practice other than microteaching.
Are currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification that provides an introduction to teaching.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- Facilitate learning and development for individuals
- Facilitate learning and development in groups
- Understanding and using inclusive teaching and learning approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding the principles and practices of assessment
All learners joining this programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT. They should record their development needs and, where applicable, agree an action plan to address them with their tutor.
Learners must also provide eligibility evidence to meet European Social Funding regulations, including:
National Insurance number
The course can be attended by both the employed and unemployed.