Business Improvement and Development Project
- Enterprise, Leadership & Management, Personal Development
This course is a practical approach to upskilling that develops the whole workforce and improves the efficiency of the business. It can be applied to any business, of any size, within any sector.
This programme provides you with the tools to confidently undertake a business improvement or development project, relevant to your job role. This flexible course enables you to pursue a significant project of your choice, meeting a clear business need. It will provide you with the skills, knowledge and experience in leading your own project from inception to completion.
Develop your vocational skill set and expand your responsibilities. Take the initiative to develop and lead your own project that ultimately benefits your job role, your colleagues and the business as a whole.
What you'll learn / gain skills in
- Communication skills
- Team working
- Team leading
- Presentation skills
Benefits to individuals:
- Develop skills
- Provide greater experiences
- Improve future employment prospects
- Empowerment and control over systems and procedures
- Opportunity to voice views and ideas
- Increased feeling of ownership for own job role
- Build confidence in a range of skills
- Ability to work independently
Benefits to Employers:
- Upskilling staff
- Improve efficiency
- Streamline systems and procedures
- Avoid repetition and overlap in job roles and procedures.
- Reduce waste
- Save resources e.g. Time
- Manage change in the business
- Provide greater flexibility for the future by developing a system that will work for other development/change activities
- Discover talents in workforce that have not been evident before
- Improve retention of staff as they feel valued by seeking their views
- Early identification of issues and problems
- Collaborative approach leading to acceptance of change within the business
- Opportunity to identify potential team leaders and those suitable for promotion
- Reduce the necessity of close supervision of staff
- Development of cohesive teams
No formal entry requirements. However, all learners will complete a short initial assessment on literacy & numeracy. Learners must also provide eligibility evidence to meet European Social Funding regulations, including:
- Employment status
- National Insurance number
You must be employed to be eligible for this course.